Monday, April 23

Oh Happy Day

Life is good. After getting rid of all the extra medications I felt much better, and I was okayed by our docs to come down again on my Dig since it was still causing me quite a bit of nausea. I only have to take it once a day now, which makes me feel much better. Our Thursday appointment went very well. I met the only US tech I hadn't at St. Luke's. She went a bit overboard with the US photos, and even gushed "Awww..... he looks just like you!" Who are we kidding here? It's like they say it to make you feel good or something. Seriously, lady. You can't tell, AND you've never met my husband anyways even if you could tell. Our appointments will stay weekly for now since we adjusted my medication again, but I was reassured by the nurse practitioner I saw that if all continued to go well, it's still possible to be transferred back to Dr. Piquard and deliver at Shawnee Mission as planned :) Fingers crossed people.


Since I last posted we also had some family and friends come to help us redo the front landscaping. What was wrong with it? Nothing really. It was just boring and I didn't like it. It took us 2 full days of shoveling out the old mulch, ripping out the old plants, removing the stumps/roots with chainsaws and axes, tilling the rock hard dirt, adding compost, tilling some more, and buying/planting the new stuff. It rained on us a smidgen for 30 minutes the second day but it's so nice to have it done. The night we finished up there was a crazy wind storm that nearly killed everything and definitely made everything lay flat for awhile. After a few days of recuperating and some serious watering, the plants are slowly coming back to life. I think they were a little stressed from it all.


We've added two new items to lil' guy's nursery as well: a rocker and a bookcase. It's slowly starting to come together. We now only need a small night table, paint, and wall decorations. Our goal is to have it ready to go by the end of May. We'll see.


Lastly, we finally went and did our registries. After having heard from a friend that it was a bad experience for her, I was a little nervous. I loved registering for our wedding so assumed that this would be great as well. Turns out I was right :) Apparently I love "buying" gifts that I don't actually have to pay for! Basically Matt and I went and scanned everything we could think of, and then the next day I got back online to review stuff and edited here and there. Most of our items are at BuyBuyBaby, with a smaller registry at Target for the friends and family that don't have a BBB nearby. I think the whole process took less than 2 hours for both places. Pretty painless if you ask me. Matt didn't even get too whiny since he had a gun to keep him occupied. He opted for some things that I could care less about (humidifier cleaner and spare parts?) while some of the things I picked he thought were ridiculous (the froggy water spout cover isn't just for looks people, it's to keep lil' guy's noggin from getting bumped when he's sloshing around in the bathtub, you know you tried to swim and make whirlpools in your tub when you were little, don't deny it). Overall, a great time. Can't wait to actually get some of this stuff and use it when he's here!!!


I still can't imagine life with a baby in the Nunnally household. Sometime when Matt and I are lounging around watching a TV show or doing whatever in our spare time, I think how different it will be with a little one to watch after 24/7. That's some serious responsibility. And while I'm on the subject of responsibility, let's talk naming a person. This is something that should never be taken lightly folks. You are NAMING another human being. Branding them for the rest of their lives. Matt and I have talked about names here and there and brainstormed together. We've come up with several we like and need to find a good first name/middle name combination. We're still working on it and will most likely narrow it down to just a few and either decide and keep it to ourselves, or decide when he gets here. Either way, sorry to say but we're not sharing until lil' guy is here :) 


Before

After (plants will eventually grow big!)

"He looks just like you!"

A good friend sent me some of my favorite flowers to
let me know she was cheering for me and lil guy :)

Our last strip of US photos. Keep in mind,
 I'm nearly 6' tall...

Squinting into the sun!! 25w5d


Learned my lesson this time :)   26w6d




No comments:

Post a Comment