Monday, October 1

Watch me grow!

We had our 2 month dr's visit complete with 3 shots and 1 oral vaccine. Declan is now weighing in at an official 13lbs 12oz and 23 1/2 inches long, which puts him in the 80-90th percentile! Big boy! I was pretty nervous about the shots; didn't know if I'd burst into tears or what. Turns out I didn't, but poor little buddy sure did! I had heard of the standard silent cry that turns into sobbing screams for about 3 seconds, then was over. Not Declan. Huge red faced silent cry for 5-10 seconds followed by a full minute of serious crying and then continuous whimpering for another minute or two! Such big alligator tears too :( The nurse was quick though and gave him some sweet baby bandaids (hello Cars and Toy Story). It's been a full 24 hours since he had them, and he's really been fine every since. He may have been just a little bit extra sleepy and fussy yesterday (or I'm imagining it just because I expected it to happen) but he's done just fine today. Good for him!

He was less than thrilled about getting vaccinated.
We started our search for a nanny for Declan 2 weeks ago, and we start interviewing those we like tomorrow. Big steps for us. One- hiring somebody that we're paying to take care of our sweet boy, Two- which means I'll be headed back to work soon (3 more weeks, but only part-time :) YAY!), and Three- Daddy will be headed off to work soon too (don't get me wrong, we know that we're very blessed that Matt's been off work 10 1/2 weeks at this point!). It's just so crazy how having a baby changes everything about you and your life. I can't think of a single thing that stays the same. I definitely takes some adjusting and some time to get used to. I have to map out my every activity for the day around when Declan will be eating or sleeping. Morning nap = chore time. Late morning nap = exercise time and shower. Afternoon nap = me time (somehow I haven't managed to do much of this, since I just finished folding laundry, showered -didn't get that in before he woke up last time-, and have approximately 10 magazines to look at because I haven't had the time to sit down and relax! this is my quick me time before we wakes up again). Early evening nap = start fixing dinner and do dishes. Late evening nap usually doesn't happen. He tends to just be awake if not fussy too between this time and bedtime. We're still trying to figure out a schedule for the evening that will help him to sleep more at night.

Sleep. The dreaded 's' word. I don't want you asking about it. I'll let you know when he's finally sleeping though the night (STTN for all those non-parents who are as obsessed about sleep as I am right now). He currently gets his last nursing between 8 and 8:30 (based on when he woke up that morning which is usually 7:30-8:00am) and wakes up to eat around 2am and 5am. He's 9 weeks old and still getting up twice. Lame. I sincerely hope he drops the 2am feed before I go back to work. A solid 8 hours of sleep (or more!). Yeeesssssssss. What I dream of. We've tried adjusting bedtime, didn't help. Tried a dream feed between 10-11pm, didn't help. He's just gonna have to do it himself. It doesn't help that the handout my ped's office gave us yesterday states that by now he should be only getting up once to feed in the night and that we should be delaying that feed, if possible. If the 2am feeds continues as he gets older, apparently it becomes habit rather than hunger and it's even harder to break. Boooo. Okay, enough ranting. It's out of my system :)

Declan Fun Facts:

-He LOVES his mobile over his changing table. He babbles and smiles at it every diaper change. A well spent $4 at IKEA!
-His favorite toy (a multi-purpose, bright colored, black/white patterns, rattling, vibrating, crinkling bug-flower combo thing) was picked out by Matt on a pre-baby shopping trip to BuyBuyBaby.
-Morning time, like most babies, is his extreme happy time. Sometimes, when I get him out of his crib in the morning, he wants to talk, laugh, and smile so much that he won't even eat for the first 15-20 minutes! Most of our best smiley pictures are from this time of day.
-I've been taking pictures of Declan in a laundry basket to get an idea of how much he grows month to month. It's incredible to look at those and see all the changes.
-He takes 2 small 1oz bottles a day. This is how we give him his Vitamin D and Zantac, and it helps him get used to the bottle as well for when I'm at work. (like he would ever have problem sucking on something put in his mouth!)
-He rolled over independently this morning a few times in a row!! What?!? It's so early for that stuff!




Watching a KC Sporting game with dad.

His first 5K!


MORE FACES:
"You talkin' to me?"

Still waking up

"The Big Cheese"

"Hey there, good lookin'!"

1 comment:

  1. DECLAN you are INSANELY cute and I cannot WAIT to meet you! Tell mommy thank you for posting more photos and I hope she gets some sleep soon!

    XOXO Emily

    ReplyDelete