So it's been quite a while since I've posted. Matt and I have managed to stay fairly busy for January. Today I'm 14 weeks and 1 day. We had our first trimester screen a few weeks ago and all is well. The testing was reassuring, and Baby seems to be growing and developing well. The testing was done at the Children's Mercy Fetal Health Center office in Overland Park. Basically we had about an hour and a half long ultrasound, and then I had some more blood drawn as well. The ultrasound took so long because Baby wasn't cooperating and wouldn't get in the right position so the ultrasound tech could get the measurements. He/she kept rolling and turn and keeping their back to the ultrasound probe. Baby sure does move a lot! Hardly ever stays still for very long. A lot of kicking, waving, rolling, and turning going on in there. I'll be so glad and excited when I can finally feel all that motion :) After Baby finally decided to cooperate and lay still in the right position, the tech got her measurements, and then the doctor came in and took a look around as well. He even played around with the 3D/4D imaging for a short bit, so it was kinda crazy to see Baby moving in 3D. Very surreal! Matt did a little videoing for us. You have to excuse the quality, he was a little more focused on the watching than the filming ;)
 |
| The growing but barely there bump. |
Our next appointment is for February 9th and is just a check-up. I don't think anything fun happens at this one. Matt and I had discussed having Baby's gender be a surprise for delivery (which I think sounds pretty fun!), but Matt doesn't want to wait at all. He says he'd like to be surprised in March when they tell us if Baby's a boy or girl at our next ultrasound :) So we're now thinking about having a gender reveal party. More to come on that later if we decide to do one.
We also finally started taking a few belly pictures. I wish we would've got one before I looked any different, but oh well. Here's the first one we took at 12 weeks and 5 days... And of course one of Baby too at the January appointment.
 |
| Baby waving Hi to everybody :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment