So Friday was my last day of work. Going into work in the morning totally sucked, but the feeling leaving was very surreal. It doesn't seem possible that we're so close to having lil guy here! Unfortunately, I got all the way home and realized that I still had my pager in my pocket... BOO!!! I figure if I have to head downtown for something before baby boy is here then I'll bring it back by, but other than that, I'll pass it off to one of my work friends to return when they come by to see baby boy. (ps- that's most likely you Megan!) We finally got another picture taken last night when I got home from work; remember the one that we were supposed to take Tuesday?
My most recent NST was Thursday at SMMC after work, and was normal as usual. Our next doctor's appointment is Monday morning, and Tuesday will be an official full 40 weeks according to the dates set by our first ultrasound. However, Matt and I are nearly certain that today, July 21st, is his actual due date. Most first babies are late though, so I won't be surprised if he comes sometime next week anyway. So in the meantime, Matt and are enjoying our "early retirement/staycation" now that we're both done with work. We're planning something fun for the two of us to do each day to help pass the time, and to have something to look forward to until lil guy wants to join us. Today we're going to see The Dark Knight Rises! For those of you that know Matt, you can only imagine how excited he is. We're heading out to the theater to get in line here in the next hour. Tomorrow is mini-golf day! There's an indoor mini-golf course in Overland Park that we're going to, Tiki Hut Mini Put :) It's going to be supremely hot here in KC for the next week, so all of our activities are mostly limited to indoor stuff. After our doctor's appointment on Monday, we'll make more plans for the week.
If lil guy decides he's not ready to come by Monday, we'll have to discuss our options with Dr. Piquard. The perinatologists originally wanted us induced at 39 weeks. Dr. P gave us an extra week since he's doing good. I think she might give us one more week (so to 41 weeks), but I'm not certain. Matt thinks she'll only give us until the end of next week. Either way, if he's not here, I don't really want to sit at home waiting and will probably continue to work. I'll play it by ear each day, but my next work day wouldn't be until Wednesday July 25th. I just REALLY hope that he decides to come before then so we don't have to mess with the 'keep working/induction date' conundrum. Matt and I are convinced that he'll come when he's ready, and that we'd like to keep interventions to a minimum now and during labor/delivery. Of course, the end goal is ALWAYS healthy baby and healthy mom :) Now I'm off to get ready to head to the movies!
(Oh and yes, I cut my hair last week! I donated 12" to Locks of Love. Since my very first hair cut when I was a preteen, I've only cut my hair when it was long enough to donate. I've never cut it just to cut it. My hair is nice and thick right now, and I had read that a couple of months after the pregnancy hormones wear out of your system that all those extra locks will fall out, so I wanted to maximize my donation; hence cutting my hair now.)
My most recent NST was Thursday at SMMC after work, and was normal as usual. Our next doctor's appointment is Monday morning, and Tuesday will be an official full 40 weeks according to the dates set by our first ultrasound. However, Matt and I are nearly certain that today, July 21st, is his actual due date. Most first babies are late though, so I won't be surprised if he comes sometime next week anyway. So in the meantime, Matt and are enjoying our "early retirement/staycation" now that we're both done with work. We're planning something fun for the two of us to do each day to help pass the time, and to have something to look forward to until lil guy wants to join us. Today we're going to see The Dark Knight Rises! For those of you that know Matt, you can only imagine how excited he is. We're heading out to the theater to get in line here in the next hour. Tomorrow is mini-golf day! There's an indoor mini-golf course in Overland Park that we're going to, Tiki Hut Mini Put :) It's going to be supremely hot here in KC for the next week, so all of our activities are mostly limited to indoor stuff. After our doctor's appointment on Monday, we'll make more plans for the week.
If lil guy decides he's not ready to come by Monday, we'll have to discuss our options with Dr. Piquard. The perinatologists originally wanted us induced at 39 weeks. Dr. P gave us an extra week since he's doing good. I think she might give us one more week (so to 41 weeks), but I'm not certain. Matt thinks she'll only give us until the end of next week. Either way, if he's not here, I don't really want to sit at home waiting and will probably continue to work. I'll play it by ear each day, but my next work day wouldn't be until Wednesday July 25th. I just REALLY hope that he decides to come before then so we don't have to mess with the 'keep working/induction date' conundrum. Matt and I are convinced that he'll come when he's ready, and that we'd like to keep interventions to a minimum now and during labor/delivery. Of course, the end goal is ALWAYS healthy baby and healthy mom :) Now I'm off to get ready to head to the movies!
(Oh and yes, I cut my hair last week! I donated 12" to Locks of Love. Since my very first hair cut when I was a preteen, I've only cut my hair when it was long enough to donate. I've never cut it just to cut it. My hair is nice and thick right now, and I had read that a couple of months after the pregnancy hormones wear out of your system that all those extra locks will fall out, so I wanted to maximize my donation; hence cutting my hair now.)
![]() |
| 37w5d- last picture with long hair |


You're such a cute lil' pregnant lady!
ReplyDelete