Monday, July 16

...still waiting....

We had another Dr's appointment today along with our twice weekly non-stress tests (NST). Everything is still looking good. I'm measuring on track, still 3-4cm dilated and 80-90% effaced (so not much change there), and little guy is at a "0" station (head at the starting line, a negative is higher in the uterus and a positive is moving into the birth canal). His NSTs have all been fine. He tends to just hang out around baseline unless I consume either sugar or caffeine prior to going. I usually have cherry Poptarts if my appointment is shortly after breakfast, if it's later in the day I stop at Scooter's (our local coffee shop) and get a frozen blended caramelicious (think caramel frappuccino). Today was a caramelicious sort of day and he passed with no problem :)

We pretty well got everything done a few weeks ago when I made my last post, so now the waiting game really intensifies because we have nothing else to distract us and take up our time. Anytime I get asked when he's due, I give them the count down and say something along the lines of "I'm ready to be done" or "He couldn't come soon enough". Even though I do feel this way sometimes, I'm also really trying to focus on enjoying the last few weeks of pregnancy instead of wishing them away. Enjoying the closeness baby boy and I share. Having him with me wherever I go, knowing he's safe, knowing what he's up to every second of the day, having a bond that no one else shares with him, feeling him trying to stretch in tight quarters, and the hiccups every so often. These are the things I will surely miss. Matt and I enjoyed a date night last week which was pretty fun. It's been nice to just take time to relish in our last few weeks together. It's hard to even begin to imagine how much little guy will change our world :) Looking forward to finding out though.

I've had some contractions that are stronger and feel more productive than my standard braxton hicks contractions, but they only last 2-4 hours and then dwindle out. They are just teasing us it seems :) Also, between my forgetfulness and work schedule we haven't taken any photos in awhile. So we'll take an official '39 weeks' picture tomorrow and post it soon (assuming I remember). And one last note, my last 2 days of work are this coming Thursday and Friday! I plan on working until he's here, but for scheduling purposes I'm only scheduled until his due date. If he's still not here next Tuesday, I'll be working Wednesday-Friday of next week as well. We talked a little about induction at our doctor's appointment since they originally wanted me induced at 39 weeks. Dr. Piquard will let me go a little over before inducing, but she didn't give me a specific date. She thinks we won't have to worry about it. Little guy has proven us wrong over and over these past few weeks, so we'll see...

3 comments:

  1. Praying for you and little guy's safe arrival! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen :) We're getting pretty excited around here!

      Delete
  2. We miss you guys! Glad that we will get to see you all soon. Have you decided on a name yet and are just keeping it a secret, or are you still undecided? Happy to hear that everything is going well. :)

    ReplyDelete