Wednesday, November 23

6 Weeks and Counting

Well, I am 6 weeks along now. It's seeming more and more real the longer we've known about it. I got some great news this week that a close friend of mine is also pregnant! We vowed to tell each other first thing if one of us ever found out we were pregnant. She called to tell me her good news, so I shared mine as well. We're only 2 days apart! It's going to be so nice to have a close friend to go through this with for the first time together. We can both talk about all of our weird pregnancy symptoms and have someone who completely gets it. Matt freaked out a little bit about me telling a friend before we had even told family, but my friend has absolutely sworn her secrecy.

Today was my first official "crazy pregnant person" moment. I've had quite a bit of cramping throughout this whole thing so far, and after looking at symptoms on the internet (P.S.- I know this is ALWAYS a BAD idea) I was pretty sure that I was having an ectopic pregnancy. This is basically where the baby implants in a place other than the uterus, such as the fallopian tube, abdomen, etc... It results in one sided cramping, abdominal pain, and bleeding. I had experienced the first two and was beginning to freak myself out about it. I had no idea if I should wait the one week or just call and see what was going on. The nurse at my doctor's office was super sweet and asked me a few questions. Then she says, "Honey, you're probably just constipated." Well what a relief! I've never been so thankful for constipation. I know TMI. I am still concerned about the left sided pain regardless about what she says, but this concern is much more manageable. I'm hoping for an ultrasound at our first visit to confirm that our little person is definitely in my baby-maker, tucked away all safe and sound.

Our baby is now about 1/8" long or about the size of a lentil. All kinds of things are developing this week including the beginnings of eyes, ears, mouth, neck, brain, digestive and respiratory tracts, and arm and leg buds. It really looks more like an outer space alien than me or Matt, but it's coming along. We may not see the family resemblance just yet, but we will come July :)

No comments:

Post a Comment