Tuesday, November 15

Is this real life?

We're still in a little denial here at the Nunnally house. It's been 5 days since we had our first positive pregnancy test. Of course we didn't entirely believe it so I peed on my THIRD little white stick today...

Ok, so this one is a bit more convincing!

Being more convinced, I made an appointment with an OB doctor here in KC. We decided on Dr. Angela Piquard at Women's Care. She delivers at Shawnee Mission Medical Center (SMMC) where we decided to go if we ever needed a hospital for this sort of thing.

Our first appointment is scheduled for November 30th at 12:30pm. Unfortunately, with Matt traveling we couldn't get in at a time that he could come too. I still sort of think that at this appointment I might find out that we're not pregnant after all. I just really can't believe that in approximately 9 months we'll have a baby. I've already bought 2 pregnancy books, just in case this is for real. This is week 5 and our baby is now the size of a sesame seed and by the end of the week will have a heartbeat of 80 beats a minute!

Besides figuring out a doctor, we had a lot of other things to think about. Insurance, benefits, college savings, childcare options (can't grandma or grandpa just move up here???), out-of-pocket medical expenses, etc...  A big debacle seems like childcare. No public places around here are 24 hour or stay open until at least 8pm. My work has a great day-center called Bright Horizons that is really good and is open from 6:15am - 8pm, but also has a 1.5 - 2 year wait list! I filled out the enrollment interest form today to get us on the wait list. It seems until Peanut can get in there, we'll have to use an in-home nanny. I hope Mary Poppins shows up on our doorstep complete with umbrella!

Our Bright Horizons enrollment packet. A year and a half
to two years? Seriously? SERIOUSLY?!? We're #74 on the wait list...
I woke up today and saw my pregnancy test on my nightstand where I left it. I felt like the whole world would be different now that I'm pregnant. The people at the gym were the same, the people at the grocery store were the same, the people at church were the same.... I'm not sure what I expected. Since my whole world was spinning backwards it seemed as if everything else in the world would too. I desperately want to tell someone. Just to get it off my chest. There's several family members and friends we've talked to since our big news, and I'm just bursting at the seams to say something! But for now, mum's the word : /

Lucky for me, by pure coincidence I was asked to help with an x-ray at work, which I'm now no longer allowed to do. I ask a co-worker to help who gives me "the look". Bug eyes and all. I give her the "shhh" sign to my lips. She then mouths "I can't help either...". WOW! Another person that has been carrying the same secret! We talk in whispers for a few seconds and find out that we're 3 weeks apart. Being able to tell someone really helped with the "bursting at the seams" sensation, but I just cannot wait to tell our families!

My flowers from Matt when I got home from work. Three different colors for each
person in our little family :)




No comments:

Post a Comment