Today was our first prenatal appointment. I was really excited and nervous about this appointment. Since Matt couldn't be there, we texted back and forth during the whole thing. First I had height, weight, and vital signs done. Then Dr. Piquard's nurse, Alicia, explained how the rest of the visit would go and what we'd be doing: talk with doctor about health/family history, physical exam, ultrasound, talk with doctor about pregnancy, pee in a cup, and blood work. She was really friendly and put me at ease about the whole thing.
| Our doctor's office in the Santa Fe Medical Building. |
![]() |
| My exam gown was hardly more than a hip length velcro closed muumuu! |
Prior to coming I had no idea if we'd get to do an ultrasound at this appointment or not, and I was really sad that Matt wasn't there for it because it was crazy awesome and amazing. We were kind of hoping for one since that little picture is involved in most of our Christmas plans. The ultrasound lady was nice as well. There are 2 extra computer monitors in the ultrasound room: one in the corner for Matt to watch and one on the ceiling for me. We weren't real sure of our dates for the pregnancy so I gave her my estimate which would have put us at 7 weeks today. We did measurements on the ultrasound and we're measuring about 6 weeks 1 day, which means our official due date is...... July 24, 2012! (Repeating week 6 is going to be a bummer.) Matt's mom has her birthday July 23rd, so I think I know what she's getting for her birthday next year :) If you listen closely you can hear the ultrasound tech say, "Gosh... world's tiniest baby." Baby's still only about the size of a lentil right now.
![]() |
| Baby Nunnally- the little gray spot underneath the white dots :) Heart rate of 128. |
Dr. Piquard is a great doctor and I love her already. She kept calling me "kiddo" the whole time, which I think is great and makes me feel younger than I am. She took time to answer my questions and we talked about things I hadn't even thought about yet. I also found out that another girl who I work with is also one of her patients and had even been in for an appointment earlier in the day. What a coincidence! (P.S.- There are always a lot of pregnant nurses in the ICN!)
![]() |
| Dr. Piquard in her bright pink cardigan over hospital scrubs :) |
Our next visit is Friday January 6th. Matt will be home to come to this one with me. We'll get to hear the heartbeat using doppler, so that's pretty exciting stuff. The visit after that will just be update and checkup stuff, THEN the fourth visit will be another ultrasound to check on our baby's growth/development and to see what we're having! Only 3 more appointments before we know! Somehow that seems really soon... So we should have more big news around the first week in March :)



No comments:
Post a Comment