I'm getting stuff marked off of my gianormous list of 'to do before July' at a good pace. We had our last shower back home in Joplin with family and friends this past weekend. It was such a relief to finally be able to see what all we had, and then go out and get any essentials that we didn't get. Little man's nursery is officially stocked and ready to go. Car seat bases are installed in both cars (that way we can switch cars easily), our stuff for the hospital is setting out waiting to be packed with the last minute items, clothes and blankets are washed and put away, and the nursery decorations should be complete in the next week or so. Waiting on a few prints from Etsy to arrive so I can frame them. Getting all this stuff done makes it feel like he should be here any minute! Waiting and not knowing when he's coming is really testing my patience. I'm officially ready to be done being pregnant and move on to the more fun things about having a baby in our life :)
I've started weekly appointments with my Dr now, and we see the perinatologists every 3 weeks. With our last ultrasound showing some arrhythmias reappearing, we now have non-stress tests (NST) twice a week :( Basically I sit in a recliner for 30 minutes while the external fetal monitor measures baby's heart rate and any contractions I'm having. To pass the NST his heart rate needs to have 'accelerations' where it momentarily increases in relation to his activity. He failed his first one we had, basically because he was sleeping. So I was given an orange sucker with no results, and then some apple juice with no results. They were hoping the sugar would wake him up. Since it didn't we then had a quick ultrasound to do a biophysical profile. They basically watch for certain activities that he's doing and he scores points for those things; the point range is anywhere from 0-10 with 10 being the best. He scored a 10 :)
Other than that, we are just anxiously awaiting his arrival (me more than Matt at this point!). I'm just ready to get him out, but Matt's more leveled headed and wants him to make it to full term. He's already a protective daddy. Love it.
I've started weekly appointments with my Dr now, and we see the perinatologists every 3 weeks. With our last ultrasound showing some arrhythmias reappearing, we now have non-stress tests (NST) twice a week :( Basically I sit in a recliner for 30 minutes while the external fetal monitor measures baby's heart rate and any contractions I'm having. To pass the NST his heart rate needs to have 'accelerations' where it momentarily increases in relation to his activity. He failed his first one we had, basically because he was sleeping. So I was given an orange sucker with no results, and then some apple juice with no results. They were hoping the sugar would wake him up. Since it didn't we then had a quick ultrasound to do a biophysical profile. They basically watch for certain activities that he's doing and he scores points for those things; the point range is anywhere from 0-10 with 10 being the best. He scored a 10 :)
Other than that, we are just anxiously awaiting his arrival (me more than Matt at this point!). I'm just ready to get him out, but Matt's more leveled headed and wants him to make it to full term. He's already a protective daddy. Love it.
| Me pretending that I actually like the flavor combo of orange sucker and apple juice. Also helping hold his heart sensor in place since it wasn't reading well. |
![]() |
| A full 35 weeks!! We've missed our Sunday pictures for the last 2 weeks so we snapped this one when I got home from work on Tuesday. |

No comments:
Post a Comment