I finally got to see little man again today during our ultrasound at SMMC (we'll be doing these every 3 weeks until he's here). Unfortunately, he was head down and facing my back. Exact same position as 3 weeks ago. On the bright side, he's still head down and hopefully will stay that way for birth. On the other side, we couldn't see his sweet little face. But we did get a good look at his back, neck, ears, and all the fine floating hairs on his head. Yes I said floating. His hair is long enough to float around next to his head! The doctor said everything looked pretty good; growing well, normal development, no signs of SVT, no signs of hydrops. However, he's starting to have some irregular heart beats again, but with no significant rhythm issues. She plans on having Dr. P arrange for a NST (non-stress test). Basically I sit and relax while they monitor his heart for approximately 20 minutes, that way we have an idea of how often these little irregular beats are occurring. I was really hoping that this wouldn't be an issue anymore, but we were told that it was a possibility that as he got bigger. The bigger he is the smaller the digoxin level is to his heart. I'm trying to stay positive about thinking that this is something we won't have to deal with once he's here, but it seems like the digoxin really is still helping keep his heart in a steady rhythm. I was just hoping that he didn't need it anymore. He might be showing us otherwise. I need to call and set up my next appointment with Dr. P tomorrow, but we should know more by the end of next week.
Other than that little blip, life is great! I've been enjoying our neighborhood pool nearly every day that I'm not working, which is wonderful :) Also working on getting his room finished. My new goal is the end of June to have it completely done. Still need decorations to put on the walls, and one more coat of polyurethane to his refinished nightstand. I've got the crib linens all washed and on the crib. I think I'll wash his newborn and 0-3 month clothes at the end of this month as well. I also plan on getting my hospital bag packed by the end of the month, the basics anyway. Seems like a lot of deadlines for the end of June. Better get started soon. ALSO, come up with a small list of realistic names. A few to choose from for when he get's here. We have a big talk about names every week or two, and then just decide to keep thinking. If we're both actually thinking of names in the meantime.... probably not. I think we're both hoping to be hit square in the forehead with inspiration, and then hopefully agree that we both love it.
On a completely different note, we have officially witnessed some baby robins come to life and grow up outside our bathroom window. Several weeks ago a robin built a nest about 2 feet away from our window, then laid some eggs (we could only see the edge of 1), she sat on them for what seemed like forever, they finally hatched 2 weeks ago (2 birdies), last week one fell out of the nest and I had to put it back in with gloves and a ladder while being seriously screamed at by the mom and dad, realized there were actually 3 baby birdies (have since only seen 2, don't know what happened to #3), and today they flew the coup! I've been watching them closely, and I'm amazed at the whole process!! I'm even a bit sad that I won't have them to watch and look after every time I go to the bathroom. I'll miss them. Apparently baby birds can't fly well or far at first, so I've only managed to spot one of the in the back yard hanging out on our hill. And the only reason I spotted it was because momma bird swooped down and gave it a worn :) Makes me nervous to mow the grass though. We might have to put that off for a little bit. Here are some pictures to enjoy...
 |
| 32w5d |
 |
| Momma checkin' on her birdies |
 |
| Outside our bathroom window (note windowsill) |
 |
1 week old- can see one bald head with beak, and a few wisps of feathers. (pic taken 6/1) |
 |
| 7 days old- flew from the nest about 2 hours after this photo (taken 6/7) |
No comments:
Post a Comment